Today, I’m going to share here- how to use Pendrive as RAM in your Windows PC. Every computer users know that, what is RAM and how it works on your device. RAM is a random access memory, which is stored temporarily data on your computer. Generally, it’s located on the motherboard. When we run any application, game, music file all these things are run in temporary memory. If we run many programs at the same time, even we get a faced not responding problem with your device hangup during some process. This problem creates from random access memory.
How to Use Pendrive as RAM in Windows PC
If your ram paging and cache memory are low, you always faced this hanging or not responding problem. In this condition, you need to upgrade your system RAM. But, every user is not possible to upgrade their system ram for many reasons. Now you can use your USB flash drive or pen drive as RAM. Every computer user is known about pen drive and how it used. Pendrive is a most popular portable data storage service. Now, you can switch your pen drive into a virtual memory in your PC or laptop. Pendrive will not actually work as same as the original of RAM. But it will help make faster your windows PC or laptop. Now, I share here how to use pen drive as RAM in Windows PC?
Two ways to increase ram as a pen drive. Just follow some simple steps carefully and enjoy using Pendrive as ram. This system not only increases your computer paging file and cache memory as a virtual ram and it also provides you better performance your PC or laptop.
How to use pen drive as RAM?
1st Method: Virtual RAM concept for Windows 7, 8 and 10
• Firstly, insert your Pendrive into PC or Laptop.
• Then you have to right button click on My Computer from Desktop.
• Now click on “Properties”.
• When you click on Properties, it will open a new window.
• Then just click on “Advance system settings” from the left sidebar.
• After clicking Advance system settings, it will open new window >> System properties.
• Click “Advance tab” >> then just click Performance >> “Settings”.
• Again it will open new window >> Performance Option.
• Now, just click on “Advanced” tab.
• Now you will see a Virtual Memory option >> Now just click on “Change” button.
• It will show you again new window >> Virtual Memory.
• Then, you need to uncheck the box “Automatically manage paging size for all drives”
• Now, you select your pen drive and next select in “Custom size”. Then add your pen drive value current same in below format.
• You must leave 30MB to 50MB minimum free space from the original space of pen drive.
• If you use to keep some free space in your Pen-drive, your device is always safety.
• Then you enter to fill up the same value in “Initial size” and “Maximum size”.
• Finally, click on “Ok” button.
Now, you need to restart your PC or Laptop and your pen drive will work as Virtual RAM. This system is the very effortless way to use pen drive as ram.
Note: If you want to get your pen drive normal, you need to go again virtual settings options and remove the custom memory value. You must check to choose default setting “Automatically manage paging size for all drives”.
How to Use Pendrive as RAM >>
2nd Methods: Increase RAM by Ready Boost in Windows 7, 8 and 10
• Firstly, you need to insert your Pendrive into PC or Laptop.
• Then go to my computer and you will see all your drives.
• Now, you need to right click on your Pendrive and just click on “Properties“.
• When open Pendrive Properties, and then click on “Ready Boost Tab”. Next, select the option “Use this device”.
• Now you have to select your Pen-drive size. Remember; always leave 150MB to 300MB free space for device safety.
• Finally, click on the apply button, and then click OK.
Note: This system is the easiest way to use your pen drive as RAM. But, if you want to get back your pen drive as normal. You need to go again Pen-drive properties and click on Ready Boost tab. Then switch it back “Don’t Use Device” in Ready Boost Tab.
Important: Always safely eject your pen drive and don’t remove it directly from your computer. As a result, it will damage your storage device.
I hope you enjoyed this article. Now you totally clear- how to use Pendrive as ram in windows PC. If you face any problem feel free to comment below.